|“||Your personal waifu giving her neko love to support you in combat.|
|Note||Modified TRG-42 iron sights|
The Animu Sight was initially conceived around July 2019, where an artist by the name of SUMERIKAN posted the first iteration of the Animu Sight. According to SUMERIKAN, the anime-styled catgirl depicted in the sight is called Anti.
Despite being a joke, the optic design garnered a large amount of attention and support, and after some evaluation, was redesigned and finalized.
The Animu Sight is essentially the MBUS flip-up iron sights from the TRG-42, with a cut-out of an anime-styled catgirl attached on the right side of the iron sight, performing a heart-shaped finger pose acting as the rear sight aperture. Furthermore, the front post has a pink heart mounted on it, providing a makeshift reticle. At 1.8x magnification, the Animu Sight is slightly more than half of the TRG's iron sight magnification.
Usage and Tactics
As a replacement set of iron sights, this plays much the same way as the iron sights would on any other weapon. Where this attachment comes into its own is replacing obstructive iron sights like those on the AN-94, which are highly restrictive, sit low on the weapon, and generally are difficult to use effectively. If one has unlocked the TRG-42, then the iron sights on it provide a very similar experience to this attachment, albeit at a higher magnification. If possible, one should hipfire as it minimizes the sight's obstruction.
Assault at distance can be difficult due to the obstructive nature of both the rear sight and front post, but with such a low magnification, this is advised against. With the same magnification as the Z-Point, it is difficult to employ the Animu Sight effectively outside of close-quarters-combat (CQC).
Overall, the Animu Sight is a difficult sight to master. Unlike the TRG's MBUS sights, the Animu Sight has a much lower magnification and is more occlusive, resulting in a close-to-medium range oriented sight.
Pros & Cons
- Reticle stands out in the dark.
- May prove to be more effective than default sights on other weapons such as the AN-94 and the MAC10.
- Central viewpoint is small, with an obstructive reticle and frame.
- Obstructs the right side of the screen.
- Difficult to see targets being aimed at.
- This attachment is the first iron sight replacement for most primary weapons. For secondary weapons, they already had the Full Ring Sight and Half Ring Sight.
- The character used for the Animu Sight is named Anti. She was drawn by Reddit user SUMERIKAN. A high-resolution image can be found at this Reddit post.
- The early version of the Animu Sight required 1337 kills to unlock and did not have a heart-shaped reticle on the front post. The kills to unlock eventually increased to 4,500 upon its return in the game.
|2.0x to 3.0x Magnification|
|Barrel||Flash and Sound Suppression|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Readded ★ Featured Article|