|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Designated Marksman Rifle|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 70|
|Damage||60 → 40|
|Range||85 max → 150 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Magazine Size||10, 11|
|Rate of Fire||400 RPM|
The Beowulf TCR (Tactical Complete Rifle) is a product from Alexander Arms. It is a variant of an AR-15 platform that is chambered in the .50 Beowulf cartridge. This variant features a flat-top receiver, 16.5" (42 cm) barrel, a low-profile gas block, Manticore Arms Transformer Rail hand guard, B5 Systems SOPMOD BRAVO Collapsible Stock, and an upgraded trigger. The rifle in-game is shown with other upgrades purchaseable for the TCR, such as an FDE Cerakote finish, FRAG grip panels and KeyMod panels, and the Tank Muzzle Brake.
The .50 Beowulf cartridge is a proprietary cartridge developed by Bill Alexander, Alexander Arms' namesake. It was primarily designed for hunting game while featuring compatibility with the AR-15 platform. Its ballistic properties are similar to that of the .45-70 Government, but has bullets that penetrate much more deeply. This is due to the fact that the barrels of the guns that this cartridge will most likely be used are factory made to accept the hardest lead possible for the best performance.
The Beowulf TCR is a designate in terms of its statistics. It has a decent fire rate for its class at 400 rounds per minute (RPM), being faster than the MK11 and beaten by the SKS. It also has a high maximum damage, being a two-shot-kill (2SK) up close, and a 3SK at the end of its damage drop-off range. The TCR's range is fairly good, with a relatively long 2SK range. However, it sports poor muzzle velocity, being the second-worst in its class. This in turn makes its time-to-kill (TTK) at longer ranges more or less slower than other DMRs such as the MK11 or SKS, but its TTK up close remains quite good, outperforming the likes of the VSS Vintorez.
Magazine capacity is small, particularly for a faster-firing weapon. At 10+1 rounds, it is on par with the VSS Vintorez and SCAR SSR, but given the high rate-of-fire (RoF), it has an extremely high ammunition consumption rate. It does have one of the fastest tactical reload in-class at 2.3 seconds, though being slower than the MK11. The TCR's empty reload is much longer at 3.3 seconds, although this remains sprightly when compared to other weapons of its class
The TCR has high recoil, particularly when aiming-down-sights (ADS), which kicks upwards with some horizontal movement. This is exacerbated when the weapon is spam-fired, which makes the weapon harder to control. Other handling traits are typical for a DMR, having slower mobility speed than the likes of shotguns and PDWs and slightly worse hipfire performance.
Usage & Tactics
The TCR is designed for more aggressive combat compared to other DMRs. It performs similarly to the VSS Vintorez, having high damage up close and a fast RoF, but poor muzzle velocity which limits its effectiveness at longer ranges. It is best to remain within close-quarters-combat (CQC) out to medium-range, where it retains its 2SK.
Its effectiveness in CQC is limited by its magazine capacity. However, reloads are quick but remain frequent. In addition, when compared to the VSS, the TCR features a higher penetration value than the VSS, at three studs versus 1.5 studs. This means that the TCR is perfectly capable of wallbanging and can actually do it more effectively than the VSS. In fact, this is slightly better than even assault rifles.
The Beowulf TCR is a versatile DMR that requires a higher skill ceiling than most other DMRs, as it suffers from below average muzzle velocity. The Beowulf TCR requires higher trigger control, as constantly spamming the weapon will result in substantial amounts of recoil and high ammunition consumption. If mastered through proper use techniques, it can dominate at most engagement distances.
Pros & Cons
- Fast reload times - fastest tactical reload in-class, tied with Mk11 and VSS Vintorez.
- Good RoF.
- Good damage - 2SK to the body until ~117 studs.
- Best penetration capabilities in-class.
- Second lowest muzzle velocity in-class - only beaten by the VSS Vintorez.
- Obstructive iron sights, shared with the Kriss Vector, L115A3 and AWS.
- Moderately high recoil when spammed.
- The Beowulf TCR uses the Diamondhead iron sights from AT3 Tactical.
- Despite its huge muzzle brake, the TCR is able to attach other barrel attachments on top of the muzzle brake. This is unrealistic, as the gases and sound would escape out of the muzzle brake before entering the secondary barrel device. Some other weapons in-game also share this trait.
- The TCR sports similar in-game traits to the Beowulf ECR.
- This is the first civilian-legal AR-15 platform rifle to be added into Phantom Forces.
- It is not the first civilian grade weapon however; this award belongs to the M1911.
- From Version 3.13.0, it was the fastest firing DMR in the game (at 800 RPM), until an unknown version when the firerate was reduced by 50% (800 -> 400 RPM).
- ↑ https://www.shopalexanderarms.com/AR-15_Rifles-_50_Beowulf_Tactical_Complete_Rifle.html
- ↑ https://www.at3tactical.com/collections/diamondhead-backup-iron-sights
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles|
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|