| This page seems a tad bit short...
This page is a stub and is lacking information. You can help Phantom Forces Wiki by expanding it or improving existing text.
|- This article is UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Please excuse its informal appearance and insufficient info while it is being worked on. You can help! Remember to cite your sources when adding new information to pages about upcoming content.
"The C79 is a standard Canadian telescopic scope that delivers top-notch optical clarity and light gathering ability, allowing it to significantly improve hit probability at longer ranges. " - In-game Description
The C79 is a Canadian Telescopic Sight. It is unlocked by obtaining 125 kills or can be purchased with credits (CR).
The C79 Optical sight is a 3.4x magnification and a rubber coating for protection. A tritium-illuminated reticle (Illumination not present in-game) provides sighting for low-light conditions. It is manufactured by Eclan and in the civilian market is sold under the name SpecterOS3.4x. It is currently used by numerous military forces outside of Canada. such as Denmark, The Netherlands and Norway. It is commonly used on the Diemaco C7 assault rifle, C9A1 Light Machine Gun, C8 carbine, FN Minimi and FN MAG series of firearms.
There exists multiple variants of the C79 scope. Asides from the original C79, there exists the newer C79A2, which features a green rubber armored cover to match the Canadian CADPAT uniform better.
There also exists the M145 Machine Gun Optic, an American optic developed for the U.S Army. It is commonly used on M240 and M249 machine guns. More can be read on the M145's wikia article.
The model in-game appears to be that C79A2, given the green color of the optic.
The C79 has a unique reticle (A "T" shaped reticle, which is somewhat similar to the Kobra Sight's reticle) that can be effective against medium/long range opponents. The in-game model does not have an illuminated crosshair, and the black targeting reticle is nearly impossible to make out against extremely dark backgrounds. For example, when targeting players on the rooftops on Ravod 911 in nighttime environment. Equipping any of the lasers will help compensate for this as the laser visibly terminates at the center of the aiming reticle, but an illuminated sight is still recommended for low-light situations. You can press "T" to activate an alternative ADS using the C79, which will aim with the sights on top of the optics (Added in winter update 2018)
The C79 is useful for weapons that have high recoil. This optic is best suited for mid-range combat as the 3.4x magnification will help with tracking farther enemies whilst suffering from less visible recoil than higher magnification sights, such as the ACOG or the VCOG.
Pros and Cons
- Medium magnification level.
- Low kill unlock requirement.
- Simple to use, free-floating reticle.
- Has alternative ADS by pressing T and can be used in CQC.
- The crosshairs are not illuminated, which makes aiming at a dark background difficult.
- The C79 is the only optic in-game that features a unique colored body. All other optics are black with accents of silver and/or white.
- The C79 was introduced with the C7A2 - a now removed assault rifle from the Alpha and early Beta.
- Prior to the New Steel update, the C79 was only available on a selection of weapons, mainly the AK-12 weapon family, AR-15 weapon family (with the exception of the Colt LMG), G36C, MK11, MG36, Mosin Nagant, Obrez and Dragunov SVDS.
- This sight is very unique, as it has an alternative ADS by pressing T.