|- This article is UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Please excuse its informal appearance and insufficient info while it is being worked on. You can help! Remember to cite your sources when adding new information to pages about upcoming content.
| This page seems a tad bit short...
This page is a stub and is lacking information. You can help Phantom Forces Wiki by expanding it or improving existing text.
"A small Chinese pale red dot sight for quick target acquisition and pinpoint accuracy." - In-game Description
The Coyote Sight is a Chinese Red-Dot Sight. It requires 380 kills to be unlocked or can be purchased with credits (CR).
The JH-406, also known as the Coyote Sight, is a red-dot sight originating from China. The optic is very similar to other red-dot sights such as the Kobra sight.
The model in-game is JH-406.
The Coyote Sight is the most accurate or smallest red dot sight in the game. Compared to other sight attachments like the MARS, the PK-A and the Z-Point, this attachment has lower magnification, which might sound like a downside, but is in fact very helpful in close quarters, as it gives the user a wider field of vision. This attachment also has a very thin frame, which provides a clear, easy-to-use sight for rapid target acquisition.
Usage & Tactics
This attachment is preferred for usage at close to medium range because it has low magnification, hindering long-range capabilities when the target is smaller than usual.
Equipping this attachment with a weapon with low recoil or mid-high damage is a good combination. Having low recoil on a weapon helps stabilize your aiming and mid-high damage for versatile uses.
The Coyote sight is one of the most popular optics in-game, because of its low zoom and noticeable reduction of recoil, both of which make it formidable in CQC. Also of note is its pinpoint red dot which remains effective even at mid-long range, and a non-obstructive sight housing.
Pros & Cons
- High Field Of View (FOV) level.
- Unobstructive and unobtrusive frame.
- Clear sight picture.
- Unobstructive and unobtrusive reticle - very easy to use.
- Low magnification level - poor long-range performance.
- Relatively high kill requirement.
- Since the New Steel update, nearly all secondary weapons can attach this optic.
- Since the Winter update 1-2 (2018) the reticle has changed on specific guns for a more crosshair-like design and has also given a blueish background
- The Coyote Sight is currently the only Chinese attachment in-game.
- It's also currently the only item in-game that is Chinese.
- Despite it being a chinese made product and the reputation of such products, it seems to turn up everywhere in video games such as Call Of Duty with the red dot from modern warfare games and black ops 2 being a derivative version of the coyote. It is also one of the most popular sight options in other games such as battlefield and this also seems to be the case for Phantom Forces.