|Update Released||Alpha (v2.0.0 revamped)|
|Map Type||Construction site/establishment|
Crane Site was the first playable map in Phantom Forces. It was created by shaylan007, one of the three original developers of Phantom Forces. Before it had an actual name, players simply called the map "Crane" in short term. The map has a four-story office building, a multi-story parking lot, a gas station, a garage, a partially constructed building with a sky-walk leading from the offices to the aforementioned building, a pair of silos, colored trailer, bunker and the map's defining feature - the crane. The crane is the central focus of this map, hence why it is called Crane Site.
When the game was updated to Version 2.0.0, Crane Site received a visual makeover, featuring an all-new crane and redesigned buildings. Cubicles were also added to the Office Building.
|Location||Flare Domination||King of the Hill||Capture the Flag|
Top of partially constructed building
|In between all office buildings||✔|
The most notable and iconic part of Crane Site is, unsurprisingly, the crane. It is a hotspot for snipers, particularly less-experienced ones, mainly because it provides them with the ability to snipe enemies from most parts of the map. Although it can be an effective sniping position, it is very exposed, with a user being able to be killed in most directions, including the metal grate used as the floor. A good spot to snipe on the crane would be the concrete slab on the right-hand side. However, the sniper's head can be easily spotted by a Ballistics Tracker and is still able to be shot from underneath.
More skillful experienced players tend to 'farm' kills off people who camp on top of the crane. Good places to snipe players on the crane are the parking lot and office building, which offer more protection than the crane, at the cost of not being able to snipe players from most parts of the map.
The map is generally friendly for sniper rifle and designated marksman rifle users, as it provides long-range sightlines where users can eliminate enemy players from a distance. However, inside the parking lot, office building and amongst the center of the map, weapons such as personal defense weapons and assault rifles fare better than DMRs. On gamemodes such as King of The Hill, these weapons provide the necessary close-quarters-combat (CQC) power needed when taking the objective.
Melee weapons or other close-range weapons can also be very useful for ambushing snipers, due to the fact that the user's agility is significantly increased, meaning they can outmaneuver a sniper and kill them before they have time to react. It also provides a stealthier option for eliminating an opponent, so nearby targets may be oblivious to one's presence. It is good to wait at the top of the crane and assault those who come up.
- Before 2.0.0, there was an Eye of Providence on the back of the office building.
- The tower in the back of the map is the same tower in the map Caspian Border from both Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4.
- There are a few cultural references that can be seen after 2.0.0.
- Before 2.0.0., all other shelves and fridges at the gasoline station were filled with Doritos and Mountain Dew, a direct reference to MLG meme.
- The green sign near the crane humorously reads "Danger zone 9001km" in reference to the “It's over 9000” meme and "Nowhere 257km", referring to the fact that the map is in the middle of a desert.
- In the alpha, it was possible to "Wallrun" up the back of the gas station to get to the roof.
- In update 2.0.0, the map was revamped to be "more clean, polished and appealing" to players, while the actual Crane Site Revamped map was removed from the map roster.
- This is only one of three maps to be desert-themed, the others being Desert Storm and Dunes.
- As of now, the crane is repositioned in the middle of the map between the partially-constructed building and a parking lot.
|In Testing Maps||Construction Site - Aquarium|
|Removed Maps||Airport - Base Luna - Crane Site Revamped - Ravod 911 (Classic) - Prison - Dust - Crates|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Readded ★ Featured Articlev • t • e|