|Update Released||Early Beta (revamped 2.0.0)|
|Map Type||Invaded Village Settlement|
Desert Storm is a Middle Eastern-themed map with multiple sandstone buildings. Named after Operation Desert Storm, which took place in 1991 in Kuwait, Iraq. There are also trucks with mounted weapons, but they cannot be manned. This map is suitable for sniping because of the spacing between the two spawns and multiple accessible positions, but it is easy to be exposed. There is a drained canal supposedly stopped by a dam that separates the Ghosts and Phantoms, that can be jumped over with a dolphin dive. There is also an abundance of tunnels that one can explore and exploit. Many Sniper locations are revealed in this map.
There are also three hidden passageways that go under the map, these are very uncommonly used in most game modes, with the exception of Capture the Flag. The player can use them in any game mode to tactically sneak up on the opposing team by avoiding the open middle of the map where the player is subject to gunfire from all sides. the player will rarely find people down in these tunnels as many players don't know their existence. One of the tunnels is extremely hard to find and is hidden in an obvious but rarely noticed spot in one of the buildings. This map also features a selection of Phantom Forces billboards advertising the game, it's creators, and how to find them on social media websites, such as Discord and Twitter. Also, Royota (the ROBLOX parody of Toyota) pickup trucks can be found littered around the map.
Overall, this map is great for all weapon types, as it has a wide range of different ranges to it. Although this map is thought to be very fair and balanced, the map was highly disliked upon its release as it had a day/night cycle that plunged the map into nearly complete darkness.
Desert Storm, due to the large, open areas and vast distances, means that engagement ranges can stretch very wide. It is recommended that the player uses a Sniper Rifle or a Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) to compete against enemies more effectively at long distances. However, during an objective based game mode (King of the Hill or Flare Domination), the class setup recommended can vary. Although on all game modes a sniper can be beneficial, it should be taken in mind that an automatic weapon which is somewhat versatile (Assault Rifles, Carbines etc.) can prove better in a close quarters combat (CQC) situation, and still provide lethal firepower at medium to long range, albeit to less of an extent.
The underground passageways are invaluable in the Capture the Flag game mode. They provide a nearly unbroken path from either team's base to the other, giving the flag carrier a method of traversing the map without fear of the common sniper. Be cautious, however. If you are confronted by enemy players in these passageways, there is often little cover. Your path down these tunnels is predictable as well, allowing the enemy to safely predict your movements as there is often only one exit from the tunnels.
It is also recommended that the player takes the passageways when traveling across map, so that they won't attract attention from enemy players. This can greatly improve a player's kill death ratio (KDR), and also provide easier access to objectives. However, it's also beneficial if the player chooses to travel through the buildings on the map's edges. Due to the enclosed, low profile spaces, players can move stealthily from one side of the map to another.
Although Sniper Rifles are generally suited for Desert Storm, it is just as easy to find Light Machine Guns (LMGs) as a suitable class. Due to the high penetration, high suppression and generally hard-hitting damage stats, LMGs can easily prove useful against the abundance of buildings that players tend to hide in. If using an LMG, it is recommended that you first find suitable firing positions, as a good spot can be crucial in protecting teammates and/or objectives.
|Location||Flare Domination||King of the Hill|
|East of Ghosts' Spawn||A|
|Near Oil Wells||B|
- This page was Article of the Month last August 2015.
- Sometimes during a battle, the time of day can change, ranging from day and night. This feature is shared with other maps.
- It used to have a prayer room close to capture point C of Flare Domination which includes prayer rugs and a developer's gallery of four StyLiS Studios members on the far wall. Now it's gone after some changes on the map.
- In the building where shipping crates are located, there is a room which has a video camera on a tripod, two construction lights, a chair, and a car battery next to the chair. An earlier version of the map included a black flag with a middle eastern language (Presumably Arabic) written on it, which was placed on the wall behind the chair.
- This map is famous among the parkour enthusiasts of Phantom Forces for the amount of vaulting locations and close proximity buildings.
- All of the underground tunnels are connected. One of them can be used to lead under the dam from Objective C to Objective B completely unharmed.
- This map, along with Crane Site was polished since update 2.0.0 to look more "fresh, balanced and more appealing to players".
- Desert Storm is possibly one of the most beloved maps throughout the community. It is considered to be friendly for all weapon types and many players see it as the most balanced map in the game.
- REDIRECT Template:Navbox/map/Order
|Active Maps||Crane Site - Desert Storm - Dunes - Highway Lot - Blizzard● - Mall - Metro -|
|In Testing Maps||Black Site - Dust - Reservoir - Dark Sector - Aquarium|
|Removed Maps||Airport - Base Luna - Crane Site Revamped - Ravod 911 (Classic) - Prison - Dust (April) - Crates|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Readded ★ Featured Articlev • t • e|