FAL Para Shorty
|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Personal Defense Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 98|
|Damage||40 → 24|
|Range||40 max → 90 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Magazine Size||20, 21|
|Fire Modes||Auto & Semi|
|Rate of Fire||700 RPM|
The FAL Para Shorty is a semi-fictional weapon. While the body and stock of the weapon are from the 50.63 Para, the barrel appears to be custom made, shortened to just an apparent stub with a muzzle device,along with a MP5K handguard. FAL pistols exist in the real world, such as those made by DS Arms, but those use a modern FAL frame, and are stockless and to comply with American pistol laws.
The Para Shorty plays much as expected; with the shorter barrel, it kicks hard and is difficult to aim. At 700 RPM, with a high minimum damage, other PDWs are hard-pressed to keep pace with it.
Usage & Tactics
Much like the standard FAL, players must pick and choose their engagements. While the gun packs a punch, it's easy to exhaust the magazine, and just as easy to go off target. Accessing the alternate aim mode (via T) will allow a player to much more easily control the weapon within close quarters, though this makes having a Laser almost essential.
While the Shorty's recoil can be managed with attachments, it is by no means capable of serious ranged performance like its full sized counterparts, and should be used to sweep out targets that are not attacking in force. One to two targets are usually easily managed by the Shorty, but a third target will oftentimes encounter the shooter on a dangerously low magazine.
The Shorty's reload period is extremely long especially compared to other PDWs, which is the price to pay for having such high base damage.
The user must be mindful of just how powerful the Shorty is. Its primarily vertical recoil pattern, combined with its short-range prowess and capability to two-shot to the head, means that even an untrained Shorty user shooting for the center of mass can very quickly land a brutal one-two punch. As long as at least one bullet strikes the head within its 40 stud effective range, the next shot is guaranteed to kill.
The Shorty hits like a freight train in close quarters, but it is by no means the best PDW. Long reloads, harsh recoil for a PDW, and uncommon ammunition make the Shorty a hard sell. Instead, another weapon could be used with the Shorty in hand as a backup.
Pros & Cons
- Quicker reload than other FAL family members.
- High damage - capable of a two-shot-kill (2SK) up close with headshots.
- Low per-shot recoil.
- Extremely fast aiming speed.
- Short 3SK range.
- Small magazine capacity for its class.
- High ammunition consumption rate.
- Very high recoil overall.
- Cannot accept ammo from it's own class.<citation needed>
- The FAL Para Shorty's third person model used to be an MP5K but just painted purple.
- The FAL Para Shorty along with the MAC10 are the only primaries that the sprinting animation is the same as pistols in-game.
- The FAL Para Shorty has the second-fastest TTK out of all guns, excluding one-shot-kill guns, surpassed only by the MAC10, and tied with the TEC-9.
- When the FAL Para Shorty was introduced into the test place, it was classified as a carbine.
- It was re-classified as a PDW when released into the main game.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles|
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|