|“||Carbine version of the G36 with all the capabilities of an assault rifle at short and medium ranges. Optimally suited for use in cramped areas.|
|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 6|
|Damage||32 → 23|
|Range||60 max → 110 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Magazine Size||30, 31|
|Fire Modes||Auto & Semi|
|Rate of Fire||750 RPM|
The G36K (German: Gewher 36; Kurz, English; Rifle 36, 'short') is a shortened carbine variant of the Heckler & Koch G36 assault rifle. Production of the weapon began in 1997; a year after the G36. Compared to its parent design the G36K features a shorter barrel—longer than the sub-carbine G36C variant—with an open-type flash suppressor and shorter forend. The rifle also possesses a bottom tactical rail for various attachments such as grips, lasers and flashlights, such as the UTL flashlight commonly used on the H&K USP. It is also unable to attach a bayonet or fire rifle grenades but is able to utilise the AG36 grenade launcher.
The G36K has two variants; the regular G36K and the G36KV (previously the G36KE; 'E' for export). The original G36K sports the same carry handle as the G36, with the intergrated Zeiss ZF 3x4° dual optic which sports a non-magnified reflex and a 3.0x magnification scope. The G36KV either uses the export version carry handle with only an integrated 1.5x magnified telescopic sight, or a carry handle with a picatinny rail top and aperture iron sights - identitcal to the G36C carry handle.
The G36K shares a mix of statistics with the rest of its family members, with middle-of-the-road stats all across the board. As a result of this, it is in the middle of the G36 family; more close-quarters-combat oriented than the G36, but more capable at range than the G36C. However, one statistic that stands out is its high recoil, just as much as the MG36.
Usage & Tactics
The G36K is an interesting mix of characteristics between the G36 and G36C, sporting the higher CQC damage of the latter and the minimum damage of the former. The G36K bridges the gap between the two, with its statistics fitting mostly in between the two weapons. As a consequence, the G36K excels at close to medium range combat, sporting the better hipfire accuracy and faster reload times most carbines possess, making it more viable for an aggressive, hipfiring focused game style.
The G36K is a versatile carbine that has many of its stats mirroring that of, while still retaining a carbine's mobility and hipfire. This allows it to excel at close-medium range where most carbines and personal defense weapons cannot match its longer range, while assault rifles struggle to keep up with its better handling. Outside of this, the G36K can still hold its own against other weapons, albeit with more difficulty. Even so, with the right attachments, the G36K is a very forgiving weapon, in a similar sense to weapons such as the M16A3.
Pros & Cons
- Fast reload time.
- Clear iron sights.
- Moderate recoil.
- The G36K prominently features in mutliple popular science-fiction series, notably Stargate SG-1 and Doctor Who.
- The original G36K model was made as early as the alpha version of the game. Although it was not available for the public in the main game, it was available in the CTE.
- The G36K was added into the main game with the G36 series remodel.
- ↑ Heckler & Koch G36 - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_G36#Variants
- ↑ Heckler & Koch G36 Assault Rifle / Assault Carbine - Germany https://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=89
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 G36 | Weaponsystems.net https://weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/AA04%20-%20G36.html
- ↑ Heckler & Koch G36 | Gun Wikia | FANDOM powered by Wikia https://guns.fandom.com/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_G36
- ↑ Virginia, Hart Ezell. 1998. G36 breaks with H&K tradition. Armada International 21, (6) (Dec): 66, https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.library.uq.edu.au/docview/197085056?accountid=14723 (accessed November 7, 2019).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Heckler & Koch G36 - IMFDB http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_G36#Heckler_.26_Koch_G36K
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article|