The Hattori is a Two Hand Blade melee weapon in Phantom Forces. It is unlocked by rolling a LEGENDARY while opening a case.
The Hattori is a Katana based sword, used by the Samurai in Japan from 1603-1867. It features a long and slim blade with a dual handed hilt.
Due to the mark on the blade, the sword in game is based on a sword from the film Kill Bill, a movie directed by Quentin Tarantino. It's worn by The Bride (Played by Uma Thurman). Though, in the movie, the mark is on the scabbard and not the blade.
In the Test Place of Phantom Forces, this sword was named Hattori Hanzo, the swordsmith in the Kill Bill films.
The weapons in-game is modeled off a Katana, a Japanese curved, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate two hands.
The Hattori behaves very similarly to the Chosen One since they are both classified as two-handed blades. The Hattori deals the highest front stab damage (second highest being the Chosen One), but has a relatively low backstab damage.
Usage and Tactics
Should a melee weapon be the primary weapon in combat, the advice given is the same as any other melee weapon. Stick to cover, and strike when the enemy gets too close. When going for frontal combat, the head is an important location to strike and aim for, as it would mean the difference between life and death, and instantly end your opponent should you strike.
The Hattori can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of an experienced player. However, like any melee weapon, its ultimate limiting factor is range. Any player with adequate accuracy and is far enough away will end anyone using a Hattori in time, and it is more advisable to stick to cover. Again, use this like you would a Chosen One, as the are both two-handed swords that are powerful. In extreme cqc situations, if the user is skilled enough to go for heashots, the hattori is easily the most lethal long range melee alongside the chosen one. Their reach and wide swing radius also allows them to hit and potentially kill multiple opponents at once.
Pros & Cons
- Second longest blade range in the game.
- High main stab damage.
- can hit multiple opponents easily with practice.
- Unlocked in cases only.
- Lower walk speed.
- Unable to 1SK to the head. (inconsistent, hit detection sometimes registers both backstab and headshots despite frontal attacks)
- Hattori Hanzo is the name of a famous samurai during the Sengoku era in Japan.
- The weapon is originally named "Hattori Hanzo", but the "Hanzo" part was removed due to the confusion with a playable character in Overwatch.
- The Hattori and the Baseball Bat have the second-longest melee weapon ranges in the game at 5.2 studs, only beaten by the Chosen One's 5.8 studs.
- The Hattori used to have the second highest front stab damage before Chosen One was nerfed.
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Articlev • t • e|