|“||A French magazine-fed .50 BMG rifle. Sure, you could shoot someone from across the map with this, but the bolt takes a long time to cycle, and the reload is by no means swift.|
|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Sniper Rifle|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 150|
|Damage||97 → 93|
|Range||40 max → 200 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Magazine Size||7, 8|
|Rate of Fire||28 RPM|
The PGM Hécate II is the standard heavy sniper rifle of the French Army, sometimes known as the FR-12.7 (French: Fusil à Répétition de Calibre 12.7 mm or literally translated to "12.7 mm Caliber Repeater Rifle".)
The Hecate II is chambered in .50 BMG (12.7×99mm NATO). It is produced by PGM Precision. Roots of the rifle reach to the FRF7, which is older than its big sibling and uses the weaker 7.62×51mm NATO ammunition. Similar handling characteristics with its smaller ascendant give it a very high degree of accuracy, comparable to other .50 caliber rifles, such as the AS-50, Barrett M82 variants and M107, and the McMillan TAC-50.
The Hecate II is currently the third-last gun in the game to unlock, at rank 150, and surpassed only by the M107 and Steyr Scout. Much like other sniper rifles, the Hecate can one-shot kill (1SK) to the head like all sniper rifles, along with the ability to 1SK to the torso at any range, like the BFG 50, along with dealing a large amount of damage to the limbs, and a relatively large magazine capacity. Unfortunately, its large upsides are followed by equally large downsides. The Hecate has the second highest recoil of any gun in the game, even beating out the BFG. In addition to this, it has a very slow aim down sights (ADS) time, the second lowest amount of reserve ammunition for its class and a long empty reload time.
Usage & Tactics
The Hecate II is best used at longer ranges, similar to the BFG 50. It is handicapped at close range due to its limbs multiplier which cannot score a 1SK at any range unless the enemy is slightly injured. The Hecate II also has the second slowest walk speed out of any other weapon in the game (only the M107 is slower), so users might find it more convenient to switch to a secondary or their melee while actively being on the move to avoid getting shot or killed. To add to the slow RoF, it also has a slow scope in time meaning that missing shots can and will be punishing.
Similar to the M231 and Colt SMG 635, the Hecate II's recoil cannot be effectively mitigated to a satiable level with just attachments alone but can be learned and controlled by the player with enough skill. In a way, it is the antithesis of these two weapons, being so incredibly slow that it takes skill simply to continually score clean shots without getting return fire.
The Hecate II is an obvious competitor to the BFG 50. Its capabilities of having a detachable magazine, being able to 1SK to the torso at all ranges and being able to deal high damage at range even with the suppressor can be a great asset to the player. However, it still leaves a lot to be desired due to its ludicrous amount of recoil, slow ADS time and mobility speed, as well as not being able to 1SK to the limbs at close range.
Pros & Cons
- 1SK to the head and torso at all ranges.
- Magazine fed, unlike its other .50 BMG counterpart, the BFG 50.
- Longest scope steady time in-class.
- Tied with Intervention for third highest magazine capacity in-class.
- Second highest penetration in-game, tied with the BFG 50.
- Second lowest total ammunition count in-class.
- Sluggish ADS time.
- Slowest RoF in-class.
- Extremely low mobility.
- Long reload, especially when empty - third longest in the whole game behind the MG3KWS and M60.
- When this weapon first came to the test place, its third person model was a two-tone grey and black Intervention.
- The Hecate is one of two French weapons in-game, the other being the FAMAS.
- The Hecate is the only sniper rifle in-game to feature a bipod on the model.
- It also has a unique scope model.
- The scope in real life is the Scrome LTE J10 F1.
- This scope is also the only one in-game that has scope lens covers.
- It also has a unique scope model.
- Despite the Hecate's recoil compensation measures in real life such as the muzzle brake and its weight, which is supposed to reduce recoil to a level comparable to that of a .308 Winchester, the in-game depiction has very high recoil in the game. The M107 shares this problem.
- The Hecate holds the record for the longest weapon in Phantom Forces; this is contested with the RPK12, which comes in at a close second.
- This weapon has a unique reloading animation. The reloading animation is similar to the Remington 700 and Intervention's, except much slower, and the character nudges the magazine into the magazine slot after inserting it, much like the MG36 and the SCAR HAMR‘s reloading animations.
|3.9.0||Slightly faster scope in time|
|3.12.0||Slightly increased aim speed|
|4.1.18v||Firerate buffed from 25RPM to 28RPM|| The buff is only active while hipfiring, as the animation was not sped up to accommodate the faster fire rate.|
Due to how bolt actions work in-game, the maximum firecap is still 25 RPM when scoping in.
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|