|“||A pick designed for cutting into packed ice, useful for scaling cliffs and glaciers alike. It might have been used by a free man once, in another timeline. Longer range.|
An ice pick is a multi-purpose tool for use in icy and frozen conditions. Ice picks provide a way of breaking into ice, providing a handhold for hikers and climbers. Additionally, ice picks provide a means of breaking up chunks of ice, and were historically used for breaking up chunks of ice intended for early refrigerators and freezers.
The model in-game is a red-white ice pick resembling a pickaxe with teeth, and it has an adze on the back of the head.
| This page seems a tad bit short...
This page is a stub and is lacking information. You can help Phantom Forces Wiki by expanding it or improving existing text.
Usage & Tactics
Pros & Cons
- Can be unlocked by ranking up.
- Quick slash speed (both with the quick attack and main attack.)
- Highest walkspeed in game.
- High rank unlock.
- The Ice Pick could be a reference to both Tomb Raider and Uncharted as they are the primary melee weapon of both series' protagonists (to a lesser extent in Uncharted as Nathan also uses shivs throughout the series.) The Ice Pick also has a strong potential to be based off the ice axe from the Half-Life 2 beta.
- The particular ice pick in PF seems to have its model based on the Half-Life 2 version, with some proportional adjustments.
- The weapon's description also references its use in Half-Life 2's beta.
- The Ice Pick is unlocked at rank 73 alongside another weapon: the Machete.
- The Ice Pick was made by BiddinUp, a moderator for the StyLiS Discord.
- He also made the Crowbar.
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article|