|- This article is UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Please excuse its informal appearance and insufficient info while it is being worked on. You can help! Remember to cite your sources when adding new information to pages about upcoming content.
KAC SRR ●
|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 125|
|Damage||59 → 40|
|Range||50 max → 150 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Rate of Fire||400 RPM|
The Knight's Armament Company Silenced Revolver Rifle is an integrally suppressed revolver (specifically, a heavily modified Ruger Super Redhawk).
There is also a handgun version of this weapons with shorter suppressor and no stock.
The KAC SRR is a 6-round integrally suppressed carbine with the ability to one-shot kill (1SK) to the head at all ranges. With only a semi-automatic firemode of 400 RPM, the SRR is useful as somewhat of a designated marksman rifle, however, the muzzle velocity of 1200 studs/s leaves a bit to be desired.
Usage & Tactics
The KAC SRR can be played like a suppressed 1858 Carbine with a much higher ROF and a better ability to hipfire. It excels in close-quarters-combat (CQC) due to its integral suppression, and higher firing rate with its damage rivaling that of the VSS Vintorez and Beowulf TCR. However, it is not ineffective at long ranges either. With the ability to 1SK to the head at any distance, and 3SK at most, the KAC SRR serves as an intermediate between the worlds of the high damage designated marksman rifles and lower damage, high ROF sniper rifles.
Even with all these advantages and its versatility, there are some equally large downsides. Firstly, since this is an integrally suppressed weapon, it has a low muzzle velocity and high bullet drop. In fact, the KAC SRR has the worst velocity of all the integrally suppressed weapons at 1200 studs/s, which is even lower than any pistol. Such low bullet speed translates to major compensation for both lead and bullet drop at longer distances. Next is the magazine size. Since the KAC SRR is technically a revolver carbine, it can only hold 6 rounds at any given time and with its higher firing rate and relatively low reserves, finding ammo and reloading would always be a constant priority that can oftentimes force the user into unfavorable situations.
Despite its lowest muzzle velocity and the high lead & bullet drop of the KAC SSR making this as the weakest weapon, it still packs a punch when a player who has enough skill to land a 1SK in all kinds of ranges, so with obstructive irons, it would become a problem. VCOG 6x Scope can provide enough magnification to snuff out enemies in medium to long ranges, especially this scope can change the variable zoom, making this revolver carbine a CQC-long range mixed weapon.
For those with run-and-gun tactics, it might be a perfect weapon to run up aggressively and fire while sprinting, but could be hard for seasoned or low-skilled users, and some practice may be required.
Lasers can provide some more headway to precisely fire shots, with the increased hip-fire accuracy.
All in all, the KAC SRR can be treated as a VSS Vintorez and 1858 Carbine hybrid. It inherits from the former a higher firing rate and high hipfire accuracy, and from the latter, the ability to kill with a single headshot at all ranges, and a 6-round magazine. Its lower magazine size and extremely sluggish muzzle velocity are its main downfalls. However, with practice, the KAC SRR can become an effective weapon at all ranges capable of dealing high damage regardless of distance and lowest muzzle velocity.
Pros & Cons
- Integrally suppressed.
- 1SK to the head at all ranges.
- Good hip fire accuracy.
- Relatively high RoF.
- Fast reload speed.
- Lowest muzzle velocity in-game with a correspondingly high bullet drop.
- Small magazine capacity.
- Obstructive iron sights.
- Low ammunition reserve, tied with most revolver secondaries.
- The KAC SRR is currently the first integrally suppressed revolver in-game.
- In real life, this is also somewhat of a rarity, due to the fact that revolvers are hard to suppress due to the way they are designed.
- The KAC SRR is the fastest-firing weapon to be able to 1SK at any range to the head. Previously, it had been the SPAS-12 with Slugs at 180 RPM.
- The KAC SRR’s former name, the R Squared, possibly comes from the name Revolver Rifle, which, when abbreviated is R.R.. In mathematical terms, R2 is expanded to R×R, similar to the abbreviated name.
- Strangely, one of the previous third person models of the KAC SRR was a grey MAC10.
- As it was released, the KAC SRR's third person model is now a Mateba 6 .
- The KAC SRR is the third weapon in game to be markedly different from other members of its class, the first and second being the Henry 45-70 and 1858 Carbine respectively. Thought it is possible because this weapons is considered a short rifle, in an other word, carbine.
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|