|A sub-compact version of the German MP5. Very lightweight with high fire rate, short range, and manageable recoil.|
|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Personal Defense Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 0|
|Damage||30 → 17|
|Range||50 max → 80 min|
|Magazine Size||30, 31|
|Fire Modes||Auto & Semi|
|Rate of Fire||900 RPM|
The MP5K (Maschinenpistole 5 Kurz, literally German for short machine pistol 5) is a compact variant of the MP5, manufactured by Heckler & Koch. Due to a less massive bolt, the MP5K has a higher firerate than its parent design. The MP5K also has a built-in vertical grip which replaced the handguard, but no shoulder stock. It does feature a butt cap like the original MP5. The MP5K was first developed in 1976. In 1999, Heckler & Koch developed the UMP45 as a cheaper and lighter successor, although both weapons are still popular on the market today, due to their price and quality.
The MP5K is the first personal defense weapon unlocked. Like all PDWs, this weapon is only available to the scout class. The MP5K has a very high rate of fire (RoF), tying with the P90 as the 7th fastest firing PDW (behind the MP7, MAC10, Kriss Vector, K7, and Colt SMG 633). Like the majority of PDWs, the MP5K has high mobility and higher than average hip stability. The damage per shot provides decent stopping power for close range—it does around the same damage as an assault rifle at this range. However, the weapon quickly loses power at range, being a 6SK beyond 65 studs. Being a PDW, the MP5K is most effective at close-quarters-combat (CQC), although it can deal a decent amount of damage at a moderate distance with the correct attachments. The alternate aim method can be used to reduce the recoil and improve the MP5K's performance at farther ranges.
Usage & Tactics
The MP5K can be treated like a CQC-oriented M4A1. New users can apply this weapon as an alternative to the aforementioned carbine - some may find it more easy to use thanks to its low, easily managed recoil and fast RoF. Like the M4A1, the ammunition for the MP5K is plentiful and found with many different PDWs as well as several sidearms.
The weapon's performance at range is not to be stressed, though it can offer reasonable performance, due to it's lower recoil high rate of fire, 50 stud damage drop off, and lack of obstructive iron sights. Use of a melee weapon (due to their high walk speed) may help to clear the distance in order to increase the effectiveness of the weapon at longer ranges. That being said, the weapon has a very high walk speed compared to most guns.
For attachments, a low zoom sight like Reflex sight or the AMT-Terminator will help you in CQC fights, the stubby grip is recommended as the MP5K will mostly be CQC oriented and aiming will most likely be required. A suppressor will also help keep you undetected while keeping the same damage profile. Plus P will also help extend the range of the gun slightly.
Like most PDWs, the MP5K is a good choice for short-ranged firefights, being reasonably accurate both when hipfiring as well as aiming down sights. However, the MP5K is very weak at long ranges, due to its statistical range limits and low minimum damage. Even with the low recoil, it is suggested that players tap-fire or fire in short bursts instead of holding down the trigger and trying to compensate for the recoil. In any event, one should not be seeking medium-to-long range engagements with this weapon, although if unavoidable, it can occasionally achieve a long-ranged kill. While these can be mitigated by the 10mm conversion, sticking to close and medium range is still recommended.
10mm Conversion (MP5K/10)
If one wants to use the MP5K/10, then most of the attachments will focus on recoil compensation while retaining it's fast speed. Long barrel will increase the 3 shot limbs from around 70 studs to 80, making the MP5K very powerful in CQC, MRC and even in LRC. But because of the conversions 2 shot kill potential, and its quite random at times recoil, it is recommended to stick to CQC. Stubby is also good as it reduces the MP5K's recoil significantly compared to other grips. And finally use a laser, as the MP5K stock does not help with the 10mm ammo's recoil and you barely see holographic reticles like the Delta sight with the stock. Furthermore the MP5K Stock kills the speed the MP5K had to begin with.
Objectively one of the easiest weapons in the game to use, the MP5K not only satisfies the needs and interests of those beginning the game, but is also an effective weapon for anybody searching for a stable, hard-hitting PDW. Those who want an early and cheap but highly competitive weapon will not be disappointed, as the MP5K/10 conversion can be bought can turn the MP5K into a compact but hard hitting weapon with stats comparable to many late game assault rifles.
Pros & Cons
- High RoF.
- Common ammunition type.
- Good hipfire.
- Fairly clear iron sights.
- Low recoil.
- Good mobility—high walkspeed.
- Has access to the MP5K Stock.
- Has access to the MP5K/10 conversion
- High ammunition consumption rate.
- Very low minimum damage.
- Short range.
- In the 4.14.0, the MP5K has added stock itself, reducing horizontal recoil, which you can unlock at 450 kills or buy with credits.
- The MP5K was buffed to 800 RPM from 600 RPM in an earlier patch. It was increased to its real-life RoF of 900 RPM in the February 9th update, which also added the MP5 and MP5SD.
- One used to be able to hold the MP5K sideways like the MAC10 and G18 by pressing T.
- This was then replaced with the hipfire of most light machine guns and shotguns.
- Before, when an underbarrel attachment was added, it would be attached to the side of the gun like the MP7, instead of replacing the default grip. This, however, was fixed, and now any underbarrel attachment will properly replace it.
- The bullets in-game once shot out of the gas piston above the barrel. However. In the February 9th update, the model of the MP5K was remade and the bug was fixed. This can be seen in the Alpha model.
- The MP5K is a very small Personal Defense Weapon, being barely larger than a conventional handgun.
- This is likely why it has a walkspeed of 15, the same as the MAC-10 and some melee weapons.
- The grip already present on the MP5K, visually similar to the Vertical Grip in-game, is only cosmetic; it has no effect on statistics.
- In real life it is impossible to attach any sort of barrel or muzzle attachments to an MP5K since the barrel ends at the base of the front sight. However, it is somehow possible ingame.
- This can be done by modifying the MP5K with aftermarket SP5K barrels which have the accommodations for muzzle devices but doing so is both a difficult and prohibitively expensive process.
- Either that, or the MP5K with muzzle devices in game is an SP5K with an automatic trigger group installed.
- Any underbarrel attachments equipped on the MP5K will have the same weapon skin selected in Slot 2, however, for some pattern skins it will be a solid color.
- This also applies to the grip already present on the MP5K.
|Personal Defense Weapons||
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article|