| This page seems a tad bit short...
This page is a stub and is lacking information. You can help Phantom Forces Wiki by expanding it or improving existing text.
|Weapon Type||Secondary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 29|
|Damage||56 → 30|
|Range||76 max → 100 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Rate of Fire||650 RPM|
The Mateba Model 6 Unica is a recoil-operated semi-automatic revolver that can be chambered in either .357 Magnum or .44 Magnum. A variant of this revolver, the Mateba Grifone, can be chambered in .454 Casull.
The Mateba was designed in 1997 by Emilio Ghisoni and is currently manufactured by MA.TE.BA. Arms.
The model currently in-game is the Mateba Home Protection, chambered in .44 Magnum.
The Mateba 6 is a powerful revolver. It is able to one-shot kill (1SK) to the head, at a range of up to around 90 studs. However, at range, its damage drops off quite considerably, reducing it to a 3-4SK depending on where the bullets hit. The Mateba's rate of fire (RoF) is at 650 RPM. Although it has 42 rounds in reserve, the ammunition reserve can be depleted rapidly with constant use of this weapon.
Usage & Tactics
The Mateba 6 is a mix of the 1858 New Army and the MP412 REX. With its 1SK to the head at range, this serves it much like the 1858 New Army, however, it has the fast firing potential found in the MP412 REX. In a sense, this weapon can be used much like the 1858 New Army, as both can 1SK to the head at similar ranges, but the Mateba 6 has the benefit of having the MP412's better CQC performance.
This weapon should be viewed as a mix of the MP412 REX and the 1858 New Army. On one hand, it is capable of a 1SK to the head at a decent range and offers the faster rate of fire found on the MP412 REX. However, it does trade some horizontal firing controllability found on the other revolvers for its "jack-of-all trades" performance in the revolver category.
Pros & Cons
- 1SK to the head near its maximum range.
- Relatively fast reload time.
- High damage.
- Surprisingly high RoF.
- Has the least rotational recoil among other revolvers.
- High camera recoil, even higher when spammed.
- Low recoil recovery speed.
- While its rotational recoil is lower than other pistols, its camera recoil is significantly higher than other pistols.
- When it was in the test place, the model lacked an ejector rod, so the rounds were simply dumped out. This has since been fixed.
- The version found in game is the Home Protection model, chambered in .44 Magnum with a five-inch barrel.
- which explains it's higher headshot damage at range compared to the REX, as the latter chambers .357 and generally has a 4-4.5 inch barrel.
- The Mateba 6 is the third revolver weapon to be added in the game.
- The Mateba 6 is currently the only autorevolver in-game.
- It is the only swing out cylinder revolver in the game.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles|
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|