The Phantom Forces Community Testing Environment, or CTE for short, as its name suggests, was a testing environment created by AxisAngle for Phantom Forces moderators that wished to test out various changes and potential future updates. It has been closed, supplanted by the Test Place for the purposes of testing new weapons, attachments, and maps.
History and Details
The Community Testing Environment was created on the 3rd of January 2017. The parent group, PF Community Improvements, is owned by AxisAngle. There were many differences in the CTE compared to the main game, such as the fact that guns and attachments in testing were available. Guns in heavy testing were either unavailable or had a higher-than-normal rank to be unlocked. At rank 0, all guns were available, but the attachments were not, except for the attachments in testing, which required 1 kill.
One must have been aware that the CTE was a testing place for unrefined additions, so flaws, unfinished content, and bugs were to be expected around every corner. As a result, the normal Phantom Forces became the suggested game for normal and stable playing.
The CTE was closed down for good once the July 4th, 2017 update was pushed to the main game. The CTE will remain closed forever and never reopen.
As a result of the CTE, two new developers were hired - HypocriticalDragon and lArekan. Anyone who contributed to the CTE was also given a special flair in the StyLiS Studios Discord.
These are attachments of which were tested in the CTE.
For a full list of changes, check the CTE Trello.
Disclaimer: This can be also considered as a history archive, as the CTE is no longer open to the public.
Click the picture to go to the content's Trello page. Text hyperlinks will lead to the content's wiki page (If one exists). Some pictures may not have Trello links due to the content not having an associated card.
In the case that a photo of an in-game attachment cannot be found, a picture of the attachment in real life will act as a substitute (if it actually exists and there are images for it.)
|PSO-1 Scope||RT-RD 5x Scope||PM-II|
|0 Kills||69 Kills||0 Kills|
|All primary weapons||All primary weapons||All primary weapons||All primary weapons|
|Long Barrel||Aligner||Brake Dummy|
|SCAR-L and Colt SMG 635||Dragunov SVU||Unused|
|All primary weapons|
|40rd STANAG||M995 AP||Banana|
|M4, M4A1, M16A3, M16A4, M231, SCAR-L, SCAR PDW, L86 LSW, L22, L85A2, and FAMAS||M4, M4A1, M16A3, M16A4, and Colt LMG||AKM|
|10rd Police Magazine||MK318 MOD1 SOST (Silverpoint)||Hypergat|
|Remington 700||FAMAS, SCAR-L, M16A3, L86 LSW, L85A2, L22, and SCAR PDW||SKS, MK11, SCAR SSR, and Dragunov SVU|
|30rd Generic Magazine||.375 CT|
|AS VAL and SR-3M||Intervention|
|AUG A3 Para||AK12|
|10rd Howling Raven||M1022 Long Range Sniper (LRS)|
|Mosin Nagant||BFG 50|
|Lighter Magazine||Steel Ball|
|MP7||Remington 870 and KSG-12|
|3rd Internal||M198 Duplex|
|Remington 700||AG-3, SCAR-H, and Remington 700|
|20rd STANAG||12 Gauge Ammo|
|M4, M4A1, M16A3, M16A4, M231, SCAR-L, SCAR PDW, L86 LSW, L22, L85A2, and FAMAS||AK12|
|10rd TAPCO||Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP)|
|AK-15, AK47, and AKM|
|AK12, AN-94, and AK74|
|20rd Colt Magazine|
|Colt SMG 635|
|100rd Beta-C Drum|
|RT-RD 5x Scope|
|10rd Howling Raven||Steel Ball||Glock Stock|
|Obrez||Serbu Shotgun||Glock 17 and Glock 18|
|33rd Glock Magazine||Hypergat|
|Glock 17 and Glock 18||All pistols and revolvers|
|50rd Glock Drum||Pistol Grip|
|Glock 18||M9, Glock 17, M1911, and Glock 18|
|Serbu Drum||Pistol FoldGrip|
|Serbu Shotgun||M9, Glock 17, M1911, and Glock 18|
|Glock 17 and Glock 18|
|Assault Rifle||Assault Rifle||Battle Rifle||Battle Rifle|
|AK-15||Kriss Vector||MP5A4||Colt LMG|
|Assault Rifle||Personal Defense Weapon||Personal Defense Weapon||Light Machine Gun|
|Sniper Rifle||Sniper Rifle|
These are weapons that were added to the CTE but removed at a later date during the CTE's lifespan.
Notable Gun Stat Changes
- AUG A2 now does 34-19 damage.
- FAMAS was heavily nerfed.
- 1000 RPM Burst mode for AK12.
- L22 now does max 35 damage.
- For other stat changes, check the Trello.
- New sounds including unique reload sounds for many of the guns as well as new firing sounds. Many new sound and visual features were tested as a result.
- Grenades, when detonated at close range, would deafen the player and momentarily blind them. The further away they exploded, the quieter they were.
- A very basic volumetric sound system was implemented, which attempted to dampen sounds from weapons firing behind obstructions.
- Footsteps were given an all new sound system. Enemy footsteps were notably louder, allied footsteps were made quieter.
- Sweeping changes to maps like Crane Site, Highway Lot, and most notably Ravod 911.
- Massive balancing changes to guns.
- New HUD and loading screen.
- Many new cases and keys. While many didn't make the cut, a few have worked their way into the normal version of Phantom Forces (e.g. Starter 2, Wood, Digital Revolution.)
- New backgrounds for several pages in the menu.
- Slide shotting (a glitch commonly used in trickshotting) has been fixed.
- Melee weapons did 0 damage to prevent hacking. This was due to a massive exploiter outbreak. Close to the closing of the CTE, melee weapons were made to do damage again as normal.
- A new map was added to the CTE on 5/23/17 named Warehouse.
- Two other maps were added to the CTE and were known as Airport and Prison. Both did not get pushed to the main game and went down along with the CTE.
|v • t • e|
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles||AK-15 - G11K2 - G36K|
|Personal Defense Weapons||MP5A4|
|Battle Rifles||AR-15/50 - AK/50|
|Melee Weapons||Crane - Fist|
|Grenades||M15 Smoke - M87 Stun|