| This page seems a tad bit short...
This page is a stub and is lacking information. You can help Phantom Forces Wiki by expanding it or improving existing text.
Redhawk 44 ★
|Weapon Type||Secondary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 83|
|Damage||59 → 35|
|Range||50 max → 100 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Rate of Fire||400 RPM|
The Redhawk 44, or the Ruger Redhawk, is a six-shot revolver, which began manufacturing in 1979 by Sturm, Ruger. The Redhawk was the first double-action large bore revolver ever manufactured by Ruger, and can be chambered in several various caliber sizes, most notably the .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum (the caliber used in-game), .45 Colt and .45 ACP.
There were plans to replace the Redhawk models with the Super Redhawk models, which support stronger frames and more powerful cartridges, but unsuccessful due to its popularity.
Regarding its statistics and practical use, the Redhawk seems to be a Deagle 44 imagined as a revolver, trading magazine size for reload speed. Furthermore, the damage statistics surpass the Deagle, especially with headshots, and its range dropoff is slightly less harsh. This results in a revolver designed for aggressive combat, which can also perform somewhat admirably at longer ranges. Trigger discipline is key to fast but accurate shots. It is similar to the MP412 REX and Mateba 6 revolvers, with the exception of a lower RoF. This would seem to make the Redhawk more likely to land a hit if fired in quick succession, however, the Redhawk's recoil is rather high, resulting in a difficult weapon to control when fired quickly.
Usage & Tactics
Traditional revolver tactics that apply to the New Army will also work very well with the Redhawk 44 albeit with a higher RoF and better overall hipfire performance. Most attachments have no effect, and even the Muzzle Brake will not save the user from the strong recoil. Optics are mostly up to the user but sights that offer better view on the target are recommended for cleaning up the sight picture.
To sum up, the Redhawk is in many ways a 1858 New Army and Deagle 44 hybrid, combining the RoF of the former with the lower capacity but higher overall damage of the latter.
Pros and Cons
- High overall damage.
- Capable of a one shot headshot out to ~80 studs.
- Fast recoil recovery.
- Extremely tight hipfire spread.
- Fixed three second reload speed.
- High recoil while ADS.
- Firing too quickly results in uncontrollable recoil.
- Despite being the fourth revolver in the game, it is the first double action revolver with a swing out cylinder, the most common type of revolver in real life.
- The REX is a double action with a uncommon top-break design.
- The New Army is a single action percussion pistol with removable cylinder.
- The Mateba is a recoil operated auto-revolver.
- The initial game thumbnail showcasing the Redhawk .44 incorrectly spelled it as "Rehawk .44 Magnum," but this typo was shortly fixed.
- Interestingly, the Redhawk uses the same 3rd-person model as the Mateba.
The real-life counterpart of the Redhawk 44 had a firing issue in the mid-1980s, some Redhawks were reported to be separating at the junction between barrel and frame. --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Redhawk
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|