|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Designated Marksman Rifle|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 78|
|Damage||48 → 30|
|Range||40 max → 180 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Magazine Size||20, 21|
|Rate of Fire||500 RPM|
The DSA-58 SPR (Special Precision Rifle) is an American made rifle manufactured by David Selvaggio Arms, or DSA. It is a part of the larger DSA-58 series of rifles. It is chambered in the 7.62×51mm NATO rifle cartridge. The DSA-58 SPR was submitted for the United States Army SASS (Semi-Automatic Sniper System) trials in 2005 but lost to the Knight's Armament Company M110 SASS. It is still offered to civilian competition shooters however.
The SA58 SPR is a very powerful DMR, being able to one-shot-kill (1SK) to the head up to 40 studs, and 2SK to the head past that. The rifle's raw damage, however, is on the low side for its class, at 48-30 with a 1.1x torso multiplier. This makes the gun a 2-4SK to the torso, and a 3-4SK to the limbs. Range is also on the lower end, with its maximum range being the shortest in-class at 40 studs, although its minimum range is quite good at 180 studs.
Rate-of-fire (RoF) is extremely good, having the second highest RoF in its class at 500 RPM, and is also tied for the highest capacity and reserve count in its class, at 20 and 120 rounds respectively. Its mobility speed is on the higher end of the spectrum, at 13 studs/s.
Usage & Tactics
This rifle is the epitome of spray and pray among the DMRs. It combines the magazine capacity of the SKS, the power of the Beowulf ECR, the suppression of the MK11, and a high firerate only matched by the VSS Vintorez all in one package. Its downsides are its high recoil and long reload for a DMR, but this is negligible with the right attachments and skill.
The SA58 SPR, while on paper being extremely powerful, is held back by a short maximum range, sluggish reload times, high recoil and horrible body-shot damage at long distances. However, once the user is confident with consistently hitting headshots over all distances, they will find a weapon with high versatility, being able to drop targets quickly at any range.
Pros & Cons
- 1SK headshot up to 40 studs.
- Second highest firerate in-class, behind the VSS Vintorez.
- Highest ammunition capacity in class; tied with the MK11 and SKS.
- Highest ammunition reserve capacity in class.
- Good minimum range.
- Slowest reload time in-class.
- Moderate-high recoil.
- Shortest maximum damage range in-class.
- Poor raw damage at range.
- High muzzle flash.
- The rifle's stats in-game seem to be based off a similar weapon from Call of Duty: Ghosts; the IA-2, which is also a FAL based rifle of Brazilian origin.
- On the DSA website, the standard configuration of the SA58 SPR features a 19-inch barrel, propriety PARA SPR Stock, Magpul PRO front and rear fold-up sights, picatinny rails, and other various inclusions.
- The in-game model appears to be a full size, 21-inch barrel FAL, with a different customized stock, handguard without top rail, standard pistol grip, standard FAL iron sights. This rifle might not be a SA58 SPR and might simply be a customized SA58 variant.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_FAL#DSA_FAL_(DSA-58)
- ↑ https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/dsa-tactical-sa58-spr-308/
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles|
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|