|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 63|
|Damage||27 -> 17|
|Range||60 max -> 130 min|
|Magazine Size||8, 9|
|Rate of Fire||350|
The Saiga-12 is a 12-gauge shotgun based off the Kalashnikov rifles and named after the Saiga antelope. It is available in a wide range of configurations. Much like the Kalashnikov rifle variants it was based on, it is a rotating bolt, gas-operated gun that feeds from a box magazine, albeit in a semi-automatic weapon that fires shotgun shells, although Saiga-12's can be legally converted to be fully-automatic.
The Saiga-12 is designed and manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern, formerly Izhmash, the same manufacturer of the Kalashnikov and SVD rifles.
The Saiga-12 has the fastest single shot fire rate of any shotgun in the game. However, it also has the lowest maximum damage of any shotgun. In addition to that, it has the slowest reload time of any magazine-fed shotgun at 3.5 seconds. Due to its low ammunition capacity and fast rate of fire (RoF), the Saiga-12 tends to consume ammunition at a fast rate requiring the user to reload often. It excels at close quarters combat (CQC) situations and does relatively well at medium ranges, provided you have enough ammunition in your magazine.
Usage & Tactics
This weapon is extremely efficient in CQC provided that the user is accurate with their shots. Implementing the use of different ammunition types with this weapon will improve the base statistics of the Saiga-12, making it more effective in certain situations.
The high RoF is the major advantage of Saiga-12. It can outclass incoming melee users in a fraction of a second. But the rule of thumb is that firing continuously does not completely help in taking down an enemy efficiently due to its harsh recoil. The sights will raise aggressively, making most of the pellets miss the target. Some great trigger discipline, such as tap firing, is useful in combat.
It is recommended to leave a pellet during battle, as this helps to decrease the reloading time as the shotgun has slower reload time than DBV12.
The Saiga-12 is a well-balanced weapon. Its medium rank requirements, combined with fast RoF, decent damage, slow reload time and medium-range make it an ideal weapon for players who are good at landing their shots.
|Hitbox for Birdshot||Range|
|Max (60 studs)||Min (100 studs)|
|(x1.1) (x24 pellets) Head||26.73 (641.52)||20.9 (501.6)|
|(x1)(x24 pellets) Torso||24.3 (583.2)||19 (456)|
|(x1)(x24 pellets) Arms and Legs||24.3 (583.2)||19 (456)|
|Hitbox for Flechette||Range|
|Max (60 studs)||Min (100 studs)|
|(x1.1) (x8 pellets) Head||26.73 (213.84)||20.9 (167.2)|
|(x1)(x8 pellets) Torso||24.3 (194.4)||19 (152)|
|(x1)(x8 pellets) Arms and Legs||24.3 (194.4)||19 (152)|
|Hitbox for Slugs||Range|
|Max (50 studs)||Min (100 studs)|
|(x1.8) (x1 pellet) Head||145.8||85.5|
|(x1.5)(x1 pellet) Torso||121.5||71.25|
|(x1)(x1 pellet) Arms and Legs||81||57|
Pros & Cons
- Highest non-instant fire rate out of all the shotguns.
- Decent range for its class - statistics are similar to the KSG-12.
- Incredible hip-fire capabilities.
- Uses a box magazine, allowing it to reload all shells at once.
- Massive recoil when Aiming Down Sights (ADS).
- Highly inaccurate when spam-fired.
- High ammunition consumption rate.
- Lowest damage overall out of the shotguns.
- Cannot fire while reloading, a trait shared with the DBV-12.
- Slow reload time for a magazine-fed shotgun.
- Equipping Flechettes or Birdshot ammunition types will turn this shotgun into a 5-pellet kill at close range.
- The Saiga-12's model in-game is based on the Saiga-12C EXP-01, used by military forces, or the civilian model the Saiga-12K.
- The only difference between the two designs is that the civilian fitted with automated trigger lock which blocks firing when shoulder stock is folded to avoid concealing.
- Many other manufacturers also have their own version of the Saiga-12 by converting the regular AK rifle to use with the 12 gauge shell. These shotguns' parts might or might not be compatible to the actual Saiga-12.
- The word "Saiga" is used as civilian firearm brand by Kalashnikov Concern, for their sporting versions of military Kalashnikov rifles. They are also fitted with the stock lock system.
- The Saiga-12 in-game was most likely influenced by both the Saiga-12K from Battlefield 4.
- It also bears similarities with the DBV-12 when it was first introduced into the test place - the older statistics and functionality of the weapon being very similar to one another.
- The Saiga-12 is capable of the highest DPS in-game, at 1,260 DPS with buckshot, or 3,402 with Birdshot.
- The Saiga-12 is the only shotgun in-game to have a 5-pellet kill with flechette or birdshot up-close.
- It is also the only primary shotgun alongside the DBV-12 to be a 6-pellet kill at the end of its damage drop-off.
- Strangely enough, when equipped with Slugs, it loads with red shells, not black shells.
- When the player's FoV (Field of View) is set to 100 and they reload with the Saiga-12, the character is seen taking out the magazine, holding the magazine for a second, and then reinserting said magazine.
- The MP7 also shares this quality.
- The Saiga-12 appears to have the same charging handle as the Galil.
- However, this is a real modification that can be done to Saiga-12 shotguns, called the "DPH Arms bolt-on vertical charging handle."
- The Saiga-12 is modelled with a five round magazine, despite holding 8+1 in its magazine.
- The Saiga-12 when attaching a suppressor, the suppressor will float in front of the gun.
|Primary Weapons||Assault Rifles|
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|