The Stick Grenade is a One Handed Blunt melee weapon in Phantom Forces. It is unlocked by rolling a LEGENDARY while opening a case.
The Stick Grenade (German: Stielhandgranate or "stalk hand grenade") is a German hand grenade. It was the standard issue grenade of the German Empire during World War I and became the infamous hand grenade of Nazi Germany's Wehrmacht during World War II. The stielhandgranate had a distinctive appearance which led to it being nicknamed the “stick grenade” or “potato masher” and is now one of the most easily recognized infantry weapons of the 20th century. 
The model in Phantom Forces is based off of the Stielhandgranate, specifically the 1924 model.
The Stick Grenade is an average melee, not outstanding or terrible. Like all melees, it can be used in quick defensive maneuvers and offensive maneuvers in situations such as running out of ammo.
Usage and Tactics
The Stick Grenade does not one-shot headshot, along with having with a low blade range. However, the attack times compensate for this. Oftentimes, the user may be killed through other melee weapons, and will not instantly defeat enemies. Using this melee aggressively is usually not the best option because of the low damage, but if the user can make it through enemy gunfire, two quick hits in sucession will be enough to take down the target.
If the user does not emphasize melee too much in their gameplay, the Stick Grenade is not very different from other melee weapons, however, if the user needs a backup weapon that can quickly deal damage repeatedly, the Stick Grenade is suitable. Due to the walkspeed of 16, this weapon is good for getting places quickly or if under fire. As such the Stick Grenade can be seen as a melee with balanced speed with damage, much like the Machete does.
Pros & Cons
- Fast mobility.
- Head and Torso have the same multiplier.
- Unlocked by rolling a Legendary in a case only.
- Low range.
- Low front damage.
- The act of using the stick grenade as a melee weapon could be a reference to the Ullapool Caber, one of Team Fortress 2's melee weapons. Striking the Caber against any surface would cause it to detonate, after which it would only deal a very weak amount of melee damage.
- Since the stick grenade in-game is a melee, it could be that it is a deactivated explosive because it isn't in the "Grenade" section of the weapon loadout in the game. The real reason of why it is a melee is unknown.
- It could be due to the fact there were obscure, unverifiable accounts of 'dud' or non-serviceable grenades being used as makeshift clubs during WW2.
- Other possibilities include the chinese, who were one of the main users of stick grenades of all models and types during the sino-japanese war with many of them disassembled to create improvised anti-tank grenades and the leftover handle being outfitted with some weight to be issued as makeshift trench clubs.
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Articlev • t • e|