|Map Type||Suburban Neighborhood|
Suburbia is a map in Phantom Forces. It consists of a suburban neighborhood hinted by the name.
The tree house is located in the center of the map and is directly above the hill on the King of the Hill gamemode. It is also the location of a flare in the Flare Domination gamemode. It can only be accessed by a ladder, making it hard to take.
The empty pool is located on one of the map's flanks, positioned in the bright red house's "backyard". It houses one of the Flares during the Flare Domination game mode. Once inside the pool, you can either get out by the access ramp on the far side or by ladders, the latter of which makes the user extremely vulnerable.
The greenhouse, like the empty pool, is located on one of the map's flanks. Like the former 2 landmarks mentioned, it houses one of the flares during "Flare Domination". The inside of the greenhouse is surrounded in dense, green shrubbery, which allows for players to hide/"camp" during a match.
|Location||Flare Domination||Capture the Flag||King of the Hill|
|Near Ghost spawn||Ghost|
|Near Phantom spawn||Phantom|
|Tree House||A||✔ (below)|
The map was released by Stylis Studios to probably reference Nuketown, a well-known map in the Call of Duty series. It is a close quarter battlefield and is the smallest map in the game (at release). It has three sets of houses:
- The left row (Where the phantoms spawn)
- The middle row (The proposed battlefield of the map)
- The right row (Where the ghosts spawn)
The map features a lot of large obstacles (cars, wooden crates etc.) and tight routes, which means that gameplay can easily turn sloppy and confusing. The houses are also very cramped and confusing (there is a "kitchen" in the section of the houses next to the tree house which can become very dark, promoting a camping spot for some players), which makes for the same scenario previously mentioned.
The engagement distances on this map will be very tight most of the time, apart from the large stretch of road that separates each spawn from the center of the map. Players will find this map very strange because the game itself is meant to have at least some form of versatility. The abundance of cars and hard cover in general in the way make for very unorganized gameplay when travelling with teammates, and frequent engagements when the player goes "lone wolf", where the former statement about traveling with teammates means that the player does not know who to go for, because there are too many players going for them in different directions. This means that the player cannot "spray and pray" in their general direction, because they're all in different spots.
The tight engagement distances mean that shotguns and PDWs are perfect to make sure the player has enough power at point-blank range to stop an enemy quickly. High ROF AR's like the AS VAL and M16A3 also work well, as they can offer better versatility than a PDW or shotgun.
Suburbia is now much larger in size than it was previously, along with the rooftops of every house now being accessible by ladder. Because of this, it is now much more friendly towards Sniper Rifles and Designated Marksman Rifles.
- Suburbia was added on the 3.1.2 update.
- It was added during the Halloween special.
- Suburbia prior to its redesign was one of the most hated maps throughout the community and possibly is still hated at present. This is likely because due to the close-quarters nature of the map which favors weapons such as shotguns or melee weapons, which tend to be viewed as 'cheap' by some.
- Another reason for the hate is the worse frame rate on lower-end spec PCs and the occasional frame rate drops on middle-ranged PCs - a problem becoming apparent on newer, larger or more detailed maps.
- It was also hated prior to 3.6.0 due to it being largely unfriendly towards longer-ranged weapons.
- It is possibly still hated after its redesign due to its severe chokepoints.
- This is also the map to open the jade gate for the Ready Player One event.
- Suburbia was revamped in the 3.6.0 update, adding ladders for players to be able to climb onto rooftops and also making the map slightly bigger and more open.
- In the Winter 2018 update, there is a gravestone in front of one of the houses reading "RIP Grandma 1979".
|In Testing Maps||Construction Site - Aquarium|
|Removed Maps||Airport - Base Luna - Crane Site Revamped - Ravod 911 (Classic) - Prison - Dust - Crates|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Readded ★ Featured Articlev • t • e|