| This page seems a tad bit short...
This page is a stub and is lacking information. You can help Phantom Forces Wiki by expanding it or improving existing text.
|Weapon Type||Primary Weapon|
|Weapon Class||Sniper Rifle|
|Rank Prerequisites||Rank 84|
|Damage||80 → 60|
|Range||105 max → 170 min|
|Hip Accuracy|| |
|Sight Accuracy|| |
|Magazine Size||5, 6|
|Rate of Fire||40 RPM|
A Finnish bolt-action rifle. Higher-than-average velocity with a fast reload, but slow bolt chambering action. –In-game description
The SAKO TRG-42 is a bolt-action sniper rifle designed in 1999 by SAKO, a Finnish firearms company owned by Beretta Holding and has been in production since 1999. It is a part of the larger TRG series of rifles first designed in 1989, with the TRG-42 being an upgraded variant of the older TRG-41, both being designed to fire larger rifle calibers such as .300 Winchester Magnum and .338 Lapua Magnum. It is also the primary competitor to the British Arctic Warfare line of rifles and its derivatives in the high end sniper rifle market.
Usage & Tactics
The TRG-42, at first glance, is most comparable to the L115A3, both sporting five-round magazine, firing at 40 RPM, sharing the exact same recoil values and have comparable damage figures. However, what sets it apart from its main competitor is the higher-than-average muzzle velocity for a sniper rifle. With the same magazine size, and the TRG-42 only slightly ahead in terms of reserve ammunition, the L115A3 surpasses it in almost every way possible. However, various statistics allow the TRG-42 to shine in some areas. For instance, the damage dropoff range is more distant and coupled with the muzzle velocity of 2800 studs/s, and with a faster reload, the TRG-42 has an increased long range capability, along with an equippable PM II sight unlocked by default. Simply, the TRG-42 should be used in a more distant conflict than the L115A3, where close-quarters-combat (CQC) attributes are less needed.
The TRG-42 is the result of a longer-ranged L115A3, sacrificing quicker handling for a more distant and defensive playstyle.
Pros & Cons
- Sharp iron sights.
- Above-average muzzle velocity for its class.
- Long damage drop-off range.
- Good scope steadying duration.
- Quick tactical reload, fourth in-class.
- Small magazine capacity of only 5(+1) rounds.
- Below-average minimum damage of 60.
- Long empty reload time, at six seconds.
- The iron sights on the TRG-42 are MBUS flip-up iron sights.
- The iron sights on the in-game representation is inaccurate and ineffective for long-range, as in real life, the sight radius is about as large as a pistol's sight.
- In real life, the TRG-42 has a dedicated iron sights system offered by SAKO, with a ring mount sight mount at the end of the barrel, and an adjustable rear sight mount on the rail.
- The smaller versions of the TRG-42, the TRG-21/22, are chambered in 7.62x51mm.
- SAKO does not offer a white chassis for the TRG line. They are offered in Black, Green, Tan and Dark Earth.
- This is the same case with the L115A3.
- Only a civilian competition custom model of the TRG-22 variant is offered in white camouflage, and not plain white.
|Personal Defense Weapons|
|Light Machine Guns|
|Designated Marksman Rifles|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Re-Added ★ Featured Article v • t • e|