I reckon it would weight more than a mini gun, with all the batteries and loads and crap. Anyway there was a useable railgun in the Luna map, and that was too powerful. Instant kill, travels instantly to target, wow
1) Horrible idea, cause the weapons featured in the game can all be found in real life
2) We had that during the Rouge One (Base Luna) event, where you can get the railgun in specific hiding spots
3) Another BFG clone, I'm alrealy happy with the Hecate and the M107, but the railgun is practically a M107 remodel and reskin
4) Not alot of people would use it due to the physical nature of a railgun, which speeds up a slug due to an electrical current flowing through one rod to another, which means that you need a power source and specialised bullets, making it one of the rarest bullets found in the game, making it unnapealing to some pro players
5) As far as I'm aware, the devs have nothing to do in the fandom server but are more active within the Discord Server, but they will most likely turn down your idea due to the said afformentioned pointers
It's not that adding a gun that doesn't exist is by itself a bad idea, because we DO have some fictional weapons. What's a bad idea is adding something like a man-portable railgun which hasn't been invented and we don't know if creating something like that is even possible, as well as adding something like this as a permanant feature that looks like it's from a cartoon.
Plus trying to balance something like this would end up stupid and unrealistic.
A railgun is essentially having two rails connected to a power source and having a projectile pass through both, causing an electrical circuit, which in turn allows the said projectile to accelerate, although there are massive downsides (IRL) to it comapared to traditional bullets