|“||Grab onto this grip and hold on - you're in control now! Improves hipfire stability and gun recoil recovery while reducing hipfire spread. Rougher recoil handling while aiming down sights.|
The Vertical Grip is an underbarrel attachment in Phantom Forces. It is unlocked by attaining 45 kills with a weapon, or by purchasing it with credits.
The Vertical Grip gives substantial benefits to hipfire statistics, with a slight increase to camera and visible recoil in aimed fire, resulting in slightly reduced aim stability. It is usually the first grip attachment to be acquired by all primary weapons.
The Vertical Grip, as stated above, improves hipfire control at the cost of aimed control. Its ability to excel at hipfiring, and by extension, close quarters combat (CQC), allows it to naturally work with weapons that utilize a fast rate of fire or those that generally work best in a CQC role.
The main problem with the grip is that it suffers worse recoil while the player is aimed down the sights. With some weapons, the recoil is harsh enough with stock attachments, so sometimes it is worth choosing a muzzle device before using the vertical grip. The slower ADS speed can affect the weapon if the user still regularly aims down sights.
- Weapons that have poor aim down sights (ADS) control such as the Colt SMG 635 and M231 stand to benefit the most from the Vertical Grip, as it improves upon their already extraordinary hipfire capabilities. Light machine guns that have poor hipfire control, such as the M60, benefit far more from having a grip that balances aiming and firing from the hip.
- When paired with a Laser, hipfiring a weapon can be a much more viable choice in protracted short-range engagements.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent hipfire control.
- Reduced hipfire spread.
- Faster recoil recovery rate.
- Aimed control is poor.
- Slightly reduces ADS speed.
- The Vertical Grip is one of the few attachments that benefit hip stability.
- The L22 uses the same attachment model as the Vertical Grip except with green skin.
ACOG Scope -
Animu Sight▲ -
Barska Electro -
|Barrel||Flash and Sound Suppression|
|▲ Test Place ● New ■ Readded ★ Featured Article|